Interested in joining a fun, dynamic, and totally unique business that produces outdoors and adventure travel television shows from around the world?
- Social Media Manager
- Full-time, immediate start
- Location: remote or on-site
- Salary: TBD based on experience
About the job:
Heliconia, is looking for a full-time Social Media Manager to manage and grow all social media channels associated with Heliconia projects. The Social Media Manager will be coordinating with Heliconia influencers and helping with content creation, scheduling, social media strategy, advertising, and reporting. Heliconia social media projects currently include 6 Facebook pages, 8 Instagram pages, 7 YouTube channels, with expansion to other social media platforms in the near future.
The successful candidate must be personable, self-guided, very motivated, well organized, and have a strong social media background. The Social Media Manager will work under the direction of the executive team and will be an integral part of all Heliconia projects.
Social Media Manager Job Duties:
- Manage and understand deliverables associated with each Heliconia media project
- Create social media briefs for influencers and production team before film shoots
- Understand audiences and influencer voice for each project
- Help schedule, curate, and create photo and video content on social media channels
- Run and coordinate sweepstake programs with partners
- Create reports and monitor social media metrics and activities
- Create YouTube thumbnails, titles, descriptions and manage each video for SEO
- Help influencers manage community and engagement
- Work with partners and partner deliverables
- Help influencers develop new social media channels that could include TikTok, Pinterest, etc.
- Work with Heliconia executive team to manage paid advertising and boosting
- Stay informed on social media trends and platforms; learn new platforms as needed
- Present strategies to management to grow audience and increase engagement across sites and platforms
- Participate in team calls and contribute brilliant ideas
- Administrative support, general team player as needed
- 3-5 years of social media management experience (minimum) with proven results (mandatory)
- Experience managing multiple social media accounts
- Must be able to define success on different social media handles
- Up to date on the latest social media trends in the industry, able to learn new platforms quickly
- Self-motivated and able to effectively multitask without supervision
- Must be familiar with or able to quickly learn social media and publishing tools such as Hootsuite, TubeBuddy, and iContact
- Excellent communications, organizational, and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Reliable access to a computer and high speed internet if working remotely
- Experience working on remote teams
- Knowledge of basic HTML is an asset
- Design and layout skills are an asset (use of Adobe suite)
- Outdoors experience is an asset
Candidates who self-identify as Black, Indigenous, a person of colour, LGTBQ2S+, and/or a person with a disability are encouraged to apply.
Please send your resume and cover letter to online application portal: https://helipress.betterteam.com/social-media-manager by May 24th, 2021. Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.