Interested in joining a fun, dynamic, and totally unique business that produces outdoors and adventure travel TV and digital series from around the world?
Heliconia, is looking for a full-time Production Manager. The Production Manager’s role is to ensure filming for our productions (TV episodes, digital videos/series, commercial work) runs as smoothly as possible and meets the needs of all stakeholders. The Production Manager’s primary responsibility is to organize and coordinate Heliconia shoots. This includes researching locations to identify filming opportunities, managing filming plans with tourism partners and/or brands, coordinating and communicating plans with everyone involved with shoots (filming team, host, special guests, guides), and managing the logistics involved with shoots.
The successful candidate must be a strong communicator, very organized, personable, self-guided, motivated, and a determined problem solver. The Production Manager works under the direction of the Director of Productions. This is the second Production Manager position within Heliconia. Both production managers will manage their own projects, independently of each other.
Start Date: June/July 2021
Location: Remote or on-site
Salary: TBD – based on experience
- Work with Director of Productions and/or Project Director to develop appropriate production plans for each project.
- Lead and manage communications and coordination with tourism and brand partners during all phases of production.
- Lead tourism partners through the production process.
- Research filming locations as necessary.
- Coordinate with brand partners as necessary before, during and after filming.
- Identify any special partner requests / needs before filming.
- Gather promotional assets and key information from tourism partners.
- Follow up with tourism and brand partners after each shoot.
- Coordinate production logistics
- Secure any permits required for shoots.
- Book travel for production team as necessary.
- Main point of contact for production team members with logistical related issues before and, when absolutely necessary, during shoots.
- Lead and manage communications with production team before and during shoots.
- Communicate production plan and production partner needs to production team.
- Work with the Sales, Marketing, Social Media, and Production teams as required.
- Identify ways to improve production efficiencies.
- Fill in, as necessary, within Heliconia’s other departments.
- Project management or production management expertise
- Strong communication skills
- Logistical expertise with strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated, with ability to effectively multitask and manage time, without supervision
- Reliable access to a computer and high speed internet if working remotely
- Significant travel experience is an asset
- Outdoors experience is an asset
Candidates who self-identify as Black, Indigenous, a person of colour, LGTBQ2S+, and/or a person with a disability are encouraged to apply.
Please send your resume and cover letter to online application portal: https://helipress.betterteam.com/production-manager. Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
Heliconia is an award-winning video production company that helps destinations and brands reach the International outdoors and adventure travel audience. The company produces a varied and growing number of unique media projects, providing authentic storytelling opportunities for every adventure and every destination. These series include: Epic Trails, Facing Waves, Adventure Cities, The Great Family Adventure, BA Fishing, Peak Experience, Chad Hoover Fishing and The Kayak Fishing Show. Heliconia has a proven formula that marries inspiring video production with guaranteed television and digital distribution. For more information, visit www.heliconia.ca.