Heliconia, the award-winning video production company behind the Epic Trails television series and the BackpackingTV YouTube Channel, is looking for a new face for its Epic Trails media project. Now entering its 7th Season, Epic Trails is an adventure travel television series that highlights the people, places, and adventures surrounding the world’s top hiking destinations. The BackpackingTV YouTube (@backpackingTV) and Facebook & Instagram social media channels (@epictrails365) help educate and inform people on the latest hiking and backpacking gear and skills.
The mission of the Epic Trails media project is to inspire and educate people to help them get outdoors, hiking and backpacking, and reaping the benefits of sustainable outdoor adventure. Heliconia is looking for a unique individual to lead this project long-term.
As host of the Epic Trails media project, you will be required to travel to remote locations around the world (up to 8 film shoots a year), work as part of a team, film locally where you live, and create regular content to help educate and inspire others to experience the benefits of hiking and backpacking.
- A creative storyteller
- Passionate about the mission of inspiring people to experience the benefits of backpacking
- Open-minded about culture, food, and people from around the world
- Passionate about hiking, traveling, storytelling, and outdoor education
- Committed to environmental sustainability (LNT practices)
- A firm believer that the outdoors is a space for everyone
- A skilled hiking enthusiast who is open to learning as well as teaching
- A Canadian or American resident
- Able to create video reviews of different hiking gear, educational tips/tricks, etc.
- Have great presence and good energy on camera
- Physically capable of going on longer hikes (10+ miles) while carrying extra weight (video equipment)
- Proficient in photography, videography, and writing
- Social media savvy with proven experience and reach on platforms like Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and YouTube
- Organized and possess good time management skills
- A team player who is adaptable to the challenges of travel, weather, and video production
Creators identifying as BIPOC or LGBTQ2S+ are encouraged to apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
APPLICATION FORM AND APPLICATION VIDEO SUBMISSION (Required)
Note: If you are having trouble seeing the form below, please go directly to: https://forms.gle/Ustz6NybNbgg4AP46